VFS Region APAC
- In China, VFS colleagues contributed to the Migrant Children Foundation which works with disadvantaged schools in Beijing and the surrounding areas to provide healthcare and educational opportunities to children
- Region APAC supported the Asia Spelling Cup with a financial donation. The Spelling Cup is the largest spelling bee in Asia, with students from China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand
VFS Region EMEA
- VFS Germany runners joined almost 70,000 others in the annual J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge, in which donations to runners are used to support sports programs for young individuals with disabilities
- VFS Turkey developed a new appreciation program for end-of-term customers, where customers receive a certificate for tree planted in their name. VFS Turkey initially donated 5,000 new trees in a plantation area now called “Volvo Financial Services Grove”
VFS Region Americas
- VFS USA contributed to Special Olympics is a global organization whose mission is to transform lives through the joy of sports for people with intellectual disabilities. USA colleagues also donated approximately 150 hours of service and monetary donations to support the local Ronald McDonald House, which provides a caring and supportive home environment for families with sick children who are in treatment – without the high cost of a hotel room
- VFS Chile joined Cultiva Foundation to reforest trees in Santiago, Chile to help solve the pollution problem in the capital city. The organization focuses on recovering the threatened native forests and creating green spaces in urban areas.
- VFS Brazil and Volvo Group Latin America donated funds and employees contributed their time to the Solidarity Foundation, which offers housing for children and adolescents at risk, and provides food, education and healthcare for individuals who live there. The groups also supported the Social Responsibility Project, a partnership with a local public school in which VFS provides young high school boys and girls 17-24 years of age a work experience as apprentices, as well as career and personal development guidance.
Other Volvo Financial Services donations were made during the year, supporting many global organizations, including:
- United Way, an organization committed to reducing poverty worldwide
- The Salvation Army Angel tree, with gifts to children and seniors during the holiday season
- Urban Ministry, Second Harvest, and Hot Dish & Hope food assistance programs
- NCCJ ANYTOWN, a program that brings diverse groups of children together to celebrate each other’s differences, and to talk about the importance of respect, understanding and inclusivity
- Junior Achievement, an organization that provides hands-on coaching for children of all ages on the value of education, career aspirations, and skills and life and business.
- Tiny House Community Development, an organization that aims to reduce homelessness by developing tiny house communities. The program intends to create safe, permanent affordable housing for those experiencing homelessness.
At VFS we bring our hearts and minds to work. We are involved in our local communities, and we reach out with a spirit of volunteerism and service in ways that help make life a little easier for those less fortunate than ourselves.
Thank you to all Volvo Financial Services employees who have donated their time, money, and effort towards these causes. Our sense of community is a big part of what makes VFS special and a great place to work.